Thursday, June 28, 2012

28 weeks!

I haven't really written anything about this pregnancy so far, because I really haven't written much of anything on here at all lately! I think the main problem that I have been so lazy about posting is that getting pictures put up just seems like so much work. So this will be a picture-less update post, but I am hoping to post some pictures soon of projects I have been working on, Titus, etc.

As I mentioned in the title I am 28 weeks along in this pregnancy. 28 weeks signifies the beginning of the 3rd trimester, and it also means I will be going for visits to the midwives every 2 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. People are commenting that my belly is really starting to "pop" and I am getting comments from strangers about being pregnant : ) I feel great right now because the nausea and fatigue of the first trimester are a thing of the past, and I am not so huge that it is uncomfortable yet : )

This pregnancy has had a different range of emotions than my first pregnancy. I am very happy to be pregnant and excited to have another child, but I also really enjoy just being Titus' mom and spending time with him. I am looking forward to the birth of this baby, but also trying to slow down and enjoy my only child for the rest of the summer. Titus loves stroller rides, being read to, and snuggling with me, and I love doing those things with him! He fills my life with joy and I love seeing his personality become more evident each day, even though George and I are now having to deal with discipline issues : / Life will probably be a lot different for Titus this fall, with the arrival of a sibling, hopefully different in a good way!

I have been working on some projects for the new baby, so stay tuned for an upcoming post with some pictures : ) I also packed my bag to take to the Birth Center. I realize that it is still very early, but it was a little stressful not to have anything packed when Titus arrived so early, so it feels good to know that I at least have that done. July is probably going to be a pretty busy month for us, so I am hoping to use the month of August to make preparations. Some of the things I want to get done are:

- Make meals for the freezer so I don't have to think too much about dinner after the baby arrives
- Make some thank you cards in anticipation of receiving meals, gifts, etc.
- Read "I'm a big brother" books to Titus to prepare him for a little brother or sister
- Buy another dresser and fill it with the newborn clothes from the basement
- Order some diapers for the baby and for Titus, since I will probably take a break from cloth for the first month or so
- Make a basket of snacks and water bottles to have on hand after the baby is born to keep my milk supply up (and so George and Titus will have convenient snacks as well)
- Sew some cute things for this new baby to wear. Maybe I'll even make something pink.  I have a 50% chance of having a girl ; )

So much to look forward to this fall! It is such an exciting time for our family. Praise God for his goodness to us : )

No comments:

Post a Comment