Monday, May 27, 2013

I will seek you in the morning

This morning I was blessed to wake up early, the baby nursed and went back to sleep, and everyone else was still sleeping, so I had some quiet time to myself. I used that opportunity to make a cup of coffee and have a short quiet time with God. It wasn't anything long or intensive, but it was a little bit of encouragement from God's word to start my day off right!

In yesterday's sermon, the elder who was preaching encouraged everyone to find some time every day to read God's word. He spoke from personal experience, saying when he didn't start his day with scripture, he found himself walking in the flesh and not the spirit of God.

My impromptu devotional time this morning has inspired me to make more of an effort to rise before the kids to get in my quiet time in the morning. Lamentations 3:23 says "His mercies are new every morning" and I want to dwell on God's mercies every morning before I start my day. Not for my glory, but because He is worthy!

I found a wonderful resource for busy moms (and busy women who are not moms!)

http://shereadstruth.com/

Every day this website gives a brief reading plan and an accompanying devotional. And it isn't trite or shallow. The devotionals speak truth to my heart and challenge my thinking. I have been so encouraged by what I have read on SheReadsTruth that I want to share this resource with everyone! Praise God for inspiring these women to come together and form this great resource for Christians all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment