Friday, March 30, 2012

Chai Tea





I have been on a chai tea kick lately. I make my own and it is very good, and very easy : ) The key ingredient in chai is cardamom pods, which can be a little hard to find. Other than that, the rest of the ingredients are ones that almost everyone probably has in their pantry. Here is how I make chai.

Simmer for 10-15 minutes:
4-6 cardamom pods, split open, pods and seeds
1 cinnamon stick, broken into small pieces
8-10 cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 cups water

After the spice mixture is done simmering, turn off the heat and add 4 black tea bags. Let steep for 5 minutes. Strain out tea bags and spices, and add milk or half and half (my preference) to the tea. This recipe makes about 3 cups of tea, so I usually refrigerate the leftover tea (without milk) and warm it up the next morning.


This post is linked to: The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment