Friday, January 13, 2012

Crockpot Ham and Bean Soup





I threw this soup together yesterday with ingredients I had around, and I think it turned out pretty well! George, Titus, and I all enjoyed it : )

1/2 pkg. Trader Joe's 17 Bean Soup mix (any packaged mixed beans should work)
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 cup chopped ham
4 cups (1 quart) chicken stock (I used homemade)

Soak beans overnight. Rinse and drain the beans and put them in a slow cooker. Saute the onion, carrots, and garlic in oil until onion is translucent. Add to soaked beans. Add the ham and chicken stock to the slow cooker as well and cook everything on high for 8-10 hours.

This post is linked to: The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment