Friday, July 15, 2011

Hawiian Wedding Cake


Before I start...this cake looks nothing like the cake in the picture above, that is just a random photo I found on the internet. I thought it looked Hawiian.

Anyway, this cake doesn't turn out quite as beautiful as the one above, but it tastes amazing! It is also really easy to throw together. I am making it for a birthday party this weekend, and I need something easy since we are moving tomorrow. I'm sure you could make the cake part from scratch to make this recipe more frugal, but my goal is fast and easy right now :)


Hawiian Wedding Cake
 
1 8oz. Package cream cheese, softened           1 lg. can crushed pineapple
 2 sm. Pkgs. Instant vanilla pudding                   1 lg. container Cool Whip
 2 cups Milk                                                     1 pkg. shredded coconut
1 box yellow cake mix (+ eggs and oil)

             Prepare 1 box of yellow cake mix in a 9 x 13 pan.  Bake and let cool.  Mix cream cheese, pudding mix, & milk until creamy, spread onto the cake. Layer on crushed pineapple, cool whip, and coconut.

 I'm sorry that the amounts of things are just large or small. This recipe is from my grandparent's church cookbook (you know how those church cookbook recipes are). It should be pretty easy to tell which is large and small at the grocery store. Although things might have changed, since this recipe was written about 40 years ago :) 


This post is linked to: Grocery cart challenge recipe swap

No comments:

Post a Comment