Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Plan - July 11


I have been planning my weekly menus since George and I first got married. It has been so incredibly helpful to me. Honestly, I don't know how anyone survives without a weekly meal plan. I usually plan out our meals on Friday, and make my shopping list based on my meal plan for the week. Then I go shopping on Saturday morning while George watches Titus. It's a pretty good system :)

I am linking up to Menu Plan Monday at Organizing Junkie so I can provide some meal time inspiration to others, and also to keep me accountable. I usually only plan for dinners, because we generally eat leftovers for lunch, and breakfast depends on the amount of time between when I get up and when George has to leave for work, so it is never set in stone.

Here is what our family is eating this week:

Monday: Pizza bagels made with Homemade Bagels, salad
Tuesday: Sandwiches (to take to VBS meeting)
Wednesday: Scalloped Potatoes with ham, peas
Thursday: Hamburger and Macaroni
Friday: Chicken Parmesan and Sauteed Zucchini (with Italian seasoning instead of dill)
Saturday: Moving day! - sandwich fixings for lunch, going to a party for dinner
Sunday: First night of VBS - something quick, I don't know how much we will be at home

This post is linked to: Menu Plan Monday

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way with Lunch and Dinner, you never know what you are going to get=)
    Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't keep a firm plan for breakfast either, and lunches are always leftovers for me. I agree that menu plans for dinner are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your menu plan looks good. i love menu planning!im quite addicted.
    i dont plan breakfasts and lunches on a particular day but i make sure i have many options
    i would love if you would come visit my blog and check out my Menu Plan
    Enjoy your week
    From Cristin To Mommy

    ReplyDelete