Saturday, July 30, 2011

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Around this time of year I know I can get annoyed by the ubiquitous bugs and oppressive heat, and start to complain a lot. Proverbs 17:22 says, "A joyful heart is good medicine...", so I thought I would share some of my favorite things about summer, to remind me of all the good things God has blessed us with.

1) Wearing flip-flops
2) Sun tea
3) Homemade popsicles
4) Iced coffee
5) Sitting outside at night listening to the crickets
6) Going to the farmer's market
7) Fresh peaches!
8) How everything tastes better when it is grilled
9) The smell of freshly mowed grass
10) The ice cream truck

These are just some of the reasons I am so glad we have 3 beautiful months of summer....hmm most of them are about food...I wonder what that says about me?

If you are reading this I would love to know what your favorite thing about summer is!

No comments:

Post a Comment