- Nerve impulses travel as fast as 170 mph
- One human hair can support 3.5 ounces (or the weight of 2 candy bars)
- The human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet
- The acid in your stomach can dissolve razor blades
- Scientists have counted over 500 different liver functions
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents
- Human thighbones are stronger than concrete
Romans 1:20 says "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."
We see God's hand in all of creation. For me, anytime I study the human body, I am amazed and humbled by the awesome design God put in place. For others, they may experience the same thing when looking at the beauty of the ocean, or pondering the vastness of the universe. All creation testifies to an amazing design, which assumes an amazing designer.
That is why I have such a hard time understanding how people can swallow the theory of Evolution - and the idea that everything happened by chance. No one who listens to a beautiful symphony assumes that the notes must have randomly assembled themselves over millions of years... then played themselves. Credit is always given to the composer and the musicians. So why are people satisfied with the idea that everything we see today is due to chance and random activities? Instead, we should give glory to the composer of our lives!
"It is written: ' as surely as I live, says the Lord, every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God'." - Romans 14:11