Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Freezer cooking day game plan

Tomorrow I am going to cook up a whole bunch of food and put it in the freezer to have on hand for easier mealtimes and quick snacks. I am posting a list of the things I am going to make to provide inspiration for other people to do freezer cooking, as well as to keep myself accountable, so I actually do all this :)

- Fry 4 lbs of ground beef, and divide into 1 lb. portions

- Bake 6 chicken breasts and chop into pieces to use in chicken salad, soup, potpie, etc.

- Cook a pot of dried pinto beans, and divide the cooked beans into 2 cup portions

- Make a triple batch of pancakes

- Make homemade hashbrowns

- Make homemade breakfast burritos

- Make a batch of chocolate chip banana muffins

- Slice and freeze peaches for smoothies

- Make homemade ice cream

- Make homemade granola bars

2 comments:

  1. What great ideas Jenn! Love it :O) Do you have a good recipe for homemade hashbrowns? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe I use is here: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/make-your-own-frozen-hashbrowns
    I linked to this above. I have made these hashbrowns before and they turned out pretty well, just don't overbake the potatoes.

    ReplyDelete