Friday, December 16, 2011

Breakfast burritos

There are many different renditions of breakfast burritos, made to suit individual tastes. This is the recipe I use when making breakfast burritos for my family. Since it is just me, George, and Titus, I make a whole recipe, wrap the burritos individually in foil and freeze them. Then I can easily pull out as many as I need and pop them in the oven or microwave for a quick breakfast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 8 flour tortillas, (burrito size)
4 eggs, scrambled
1/2 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 potatoes, baked, peeled, and slice
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Lay out ingredients assembly line style, and top each tortilla with eggs, sausage, potatoes, salsa, and cheese.

Fold over the ends to enclose all the filling in the tortilla.


Then, either eat, or wrap in foil and freeze. When reheating I usually microwave a burrito for 2 minutes on high. You can also heat the burritos in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until warm all the way through.


This recipe is linked to: The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

No comments:

Post a Comment