Friday, December 23, 2011

God sent His son






Now that I have my own sweet son, I am struck with the significance of God's sacrifice for us. Romans 8:32 says God "...did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all..." I can't think of any reason that I would sacrifice my own son, especially not for people that hated and rejected me.

Yet God did that very thing, because He loved us, and wanted us to be in a right relationship with Him. One line of a song I love says, "How deep the father's love for us. How vast beyond all measure. That He should give His only son. To make a wretch His treasure."


Christmas is all about the great love of a Holy God, who sacrificed His only son to give us life. Rejoice, because we have a savior, Jesus Christ!


"...I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a savior has been born to you; he is Christ the LORD." - Luke 2:10-11


No comments:

Post a Comment