Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas gift tutorials - baby

I have so many friends that are pregnant right now, or have just had babies. I guess I am just in that baby stage of life. These gifts would be good Christmas presents for friends and family who have just had a baby, or for baby shower gifts.





This hooded towel is wonderful because not only is it great for newborns, but it works well for older kids too, unlike most of the hooded towels on the market that are super tiny. I love making this as a baby shower gift, but I could see it working well for an older child too, maybe use a towel with a favorite character on it.






This bib is perfect for keeping those cute little outfits clean and drool free. I have about a million bibs and still they are always dirty! I like to back bibs with terry cloth, so they can double as a washcloth after meals, and they are more absorbent.







Some car seats come with strap covers, but our didn't, so I made strap covers for the car seat, and they have been very useful.. Even if the car seat already has strap covers that come with it, it can still be nice to have a spare pair in case you need to wash the covers.







Some strollers come with cup holders, mine did not, so I was very excited when I found this tutorial to make my own! Using laminated cotton for this tutorial works really well, but if you can't find it I'm sure regular home decor fabric would be fine too. Also, I used a strip of velcro to close it instead of snaps because I have never been too successful with snaps.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    This series of posts is really useful! Thanks for taking the time to share these tutorials with us :) AND - thank you so much for the clever Christmas/Advent gift(s) you sent... it has been so much fun to open them and think of you each evening! (And it's making me REALLY wish we had a Trader Joe's down here!)

    ReplyDelete