Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas gift tutorials - clothes

I didn't post anything over the weekend because it was crazy! I baked 12 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange, had lunch with relatives, dinner with a family from church, fellowship dinner with our young couples group, and bought and decorated our Christmas tree! But life has returned to normal and I am resuming my series on Christmas gift tutorials. Today's tutorials are for clothes, to make for yourself or others : )


This is the easiest, most comfortable skirt ever! I made one when I was pregnant, and it was a perfect, affordable maternity skirt. I used a jersey remnant from Joann's fabric, but you could probably use an old t-shirt. Also, I didn't make pockets on my skirt because I just wanted to keep things simple.







I made this dress as a gift and thought it turned out really cute. It was pretty simple too. If I had a girl I would make this dress several more times ; )







Freezer paper stencils are the coolest thing in creation! They are so basic. There can be a little bit of finicky cutting depending on your design, but other than that they are super easy. I made about 30 stencils for VBS t-shirts this year, and I think the kids really enjoyed making the shirts and were happy with them : )







These little footies are so easy! And they don't fall off baby's feet. I'm sure any moms of little ones can appreciate the importance of footwear that stays put. This is my go-to baby gift.







This is a great tutorial, with easy to follow instructions. I made this skirt for my cousin and (in my opinion) it turned out looking adorable! This skirt is for a little girl, but it gives instructions on how to draft the pattern for different sizes, so I think I might try making one of these for me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment