Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pinterest finds

I wanted to share a few things I found on Pinterest and tried. Some were successful, others didn't work out as well. I love the inspiration that I get from Pinterest, and all the wonderful ideas that are shared!

I thought these little owl ornaments were so cute! I made one and it turned out great! The only thing I changed was to use tiny black felt circles for the eyes instead of buttons, because I didn't have any black buttons that were the right size.





I find the most helpful kitchen hints on Pinterest! This worked really well, and was a lot easier than doing it with a fork ; ) By the time all the chicken was shredded it was very fine, so I don't think it would work well in soup or potpie, but I think it would be great in chicken salad or chicken quesadillas!





I tried to make these salt dough ornaments with Titus' hand print in them, but they didn't work very well for me. The salt dough was the right consistency, but Titus' hand was too big to really fit into an ornament-sized circle, and his little hand didn't leave a very deep impression. This tutorial may work really well for someone else, but I wasn't able to pull it off : /






I used this method the other day to make Teriyaki Salmon and it worked great! I left it in about a minute longer, and it came out slightly dry, so next time I will leave it in for no longer than 25 min. It was really nice to have this as a reference because I feel like I always either overcook or undercook salmon.


I love finding fun ideas on Pinterest! I hope this gives you some good ideas, and maybe even convinces you to check out Pinterest ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment